Better Minecraft, also known as Better MC Fabric is one of the most popular modpacks on CurseForge. It’s a Vanilla+ pack, which means there’s not a lot of magic and technology mods added that deviates from the feel of Vanilla minecraft. However there are many mods added that improve Quality of Life, Exploration, and Adventuring.
The first thing you’ll notice is that you have Roughly Enough Items (REI) for managing crafting recipes and many add-ons like Roughly Enough Professions and Roughly Enough Trads which add more information to the REI interface, Xaero’s world maps (hit M to view) and a mini map (hit Y to configure).
This pack has iris and soduim included which allows shader support. All you need to do is go into the video settings, click Shader Packs and drag and drop your favorite compatible shader pack into the screen. My favorite is Complementary Reimagined.
What do to
There’s a quest system in Better MC. When you start the game you’ll get a quest book that you can open, but you don’t need it. In the upper left of the screen, when you open your inventory is a quest book icon to open the book. You can also bind a key to open this book.
The quests at the time of this post are focused primarily on the different dimensions in this pack, starting with the Overworld and the Nether, there are a number of quests you can complete and get rewarded. But first do the getting started quests to become familiar with the quest system. You’ll also get a nice reward, a life charm.
The quest book does not guide you through any sort of real progression as this pack is focused primarily on exploration. Do be sure to check out the quest items as it highlights a number of interesting items and achievments you can get in each dimension in the game.
If you’re playing on a server with friends, you’ll want to become familar with the Open Parties and Claims mod. This allows players on your server to set up parties and claim chunks on the map. Here are the commands this mod uses:
/openpac player-config ... - player config commands
/openpac-claims ... - everything claim-related
/openpac-parties ... - everything party-related
/opm - shortcut for the party chat
Ten Reasons to Get a Minecraft Server
It’s easier than you think. The cheapest gaming PC upgrade you can get.
Need a server? You can try this pack out for free on Sticky Piston. Click this link to set up a free trial.
Ready to get a server? Click here.
You get 20% off FOREVER by using the code JANGRO
Notable Mods in the pack
There are hundreds of mods in Better Minecraft Fabric, way too many to list out, but here are the ones that I think are notable and give a good feeling for what gives the shape to this pack.
Mobs and Bosses
- Bosses of Mass Destruction
- Creatures from the Snow
- Deeper and Darker
- Wondrous Wilds
New Blocks, Tools, Armor, and Weapons
- Bountiful – a bounty board to add quests for items to gain rewards
- Comforts – sleeping bags and hammocks
- Fabric Waystones – waystones for teleporting around the world
- Farmer’s Delight – new crops and ways to cook them
- Inmis – Backpacks!
- Let’s Do Wine – adds grapes and all the stuff you need to make a winery!
- Magnum Torch – A torch that prevents mobs from spawning in a radius
- Plushie Mod – create plushies that do things like attract certain mobs.
- Quartz Elevator – elevators to teleport up and down. Great for a huge base or quick access to your strip mine
- Supplementaries – All kinds of cool blocks
- Tom’s Simple Storage – Inventory storage sorting and filtering
New Biomes and WorldGen
- Additional Structures
- Oh The Biomes You’ll Go
- Better End
- Better Nether
- Immersive Weathering
- Nature’s Compass
- Yung’s Better Desert Temples, Dungeons, Mineshafts, Ocean Monuments, and Strongholds
- Eden Ring
- The Bumblezone
- The Twilight Forest
- The Aether (Paradise Lost)
- The Otherside (Deeper and Darker mod)
Leave a Reply