The AdventureZ mod brings many new mobs and some bosses, and a rideable dragon to modded Minecraft. There’s a progression through three bosses, the Blackstone Golem, The Eye, and the Void Shadow (if you have the VoidZ mod installed).
Like many complex mods that ad lots of content, there is a guide book. In AdventureZ, it’s called the Handbook. You craft it with a book, Eye of Ender, and an Orc skin. These ingredients aren’t easy to get early game, so it’ll take a while to get the book. In the meantime, that’s where this guide comes in!
When you can craft it, it looks like this, with a good amount of content.
What Mobs are in the AdventureZ mod?
- Amethyst Golem – found in amethyst geodes. Will protect it’s home with golem like strength.
- Blackstone Golem – the toughest mob in the pack! summon it with a ritual in the Nether.
- Blaze Guardian – Blazes, but with sheilds. This is a mob vote loser that has made it to the game via AdventureZ. They’re tough to kill, and if you get too close they may explode as a attack.
- Deer – passive
- Desert Rhino – They will attack.
- Dragon – you can hatch your own pet dragon! After killing the dragon and summoning The Eye with the egg, gaining villager fame, and collect the egg again. Place the egg in the overworld and if it senses your fame, it’ll start to hatch. Tame it with meat or orc skin. When it grows up, you can put a orc skin saddle on it and ride it!
- Ender Whale – peaceful floating whales in the End. You can summon them with the flute and ride and steer them with the chorus fruit on a stick. They’re good eatin’
- Ender Warthog – they want to knock you into the void, so proceed with caution. They drop some good food and better skin that you can conver to Netherite Scrap.
- Fungus – in mushroom biomes, these living mushrooms will attack if provoked.
- Iguana – dessert
- Mammoth – Tiaga dwelling, formerly extinct mammals. They can be bred with grass and drop food and ivory tusks.
- Necromancer – Found in Nether Fortresses and they summon Wither Puppets (small wither skeletons) to protect them
- Nightmare – black skeleton horses, found in soul sand valleys and sometimes with a soul reaper. Can be tamed.
- Orc – spawn in plains biomes, more frequently at certain moon phases. The big ones pack a punch and the smaller ones will steal your tools. Either way, kill ’em for their skin.
- Piglin Beast – These oversized piglins will spawn while killing piglins or mining gold in the nether. They drop blackstone shards, piglin flags, and other loot.
- Shaman – Found in Swamps. They sport evil, toxic magic.
- Soul Reaper – Wither skeleton on steroids. Often found riding Nightmares.
- Summoner – These guys spawn in the overworld in thunderstorms and will summon skeleton guards
- The Eye – Boss summoned in the Eye shrine. When killed, it spawns a portal to the Void where you can kill the Void Shadow in its own dimension (requres the VoidZ add-on mod). If you don’t have VoidZ installed, you’ll get the villager fame and can move on to getting your own pet dragon. If VoidZ is installed, you need to take on the Void Shadow first.
- Void Shadow – The final boss in AdventureZ. It will be quite the battle. Beat the void shadow and you gain fame in the form of villager favor.
- Void Shade – Shoots void bullets
- Void Fragments – Spawn during the fight with the Void Shadow and shoot void bullets.
What Blocks are in the AdventureZ mod?
There are only a few new blocks in AdventureZ, the Blackstone Holder and the Piglin Flag. The holder is used in a multiblock structure called the Blackstone Golem Altar, which we’ll outline below.
How do you use the Piglin Flag in the AdventureZ mod?
The piglin flag is a rare drop by the Piglin beast. When placed, stand near it and any aggroed Piglins will be calmed.
How to You Build the Blackstone Golem Altar in AdventureZ mod?
The Blackstone Golem Altar is a 9x9x1 structure made with Polished blackstone. You build it in the Nether to summon the Blackstone Golem.
- 48 Polished Blackstone
- 8 Polished Blackstone Bricks
- 24 Cracked Polished Blackstone Bricks
- 4 Chiseled Polished Blackstone Holders
- 4 Blackstone shards
These can all be crafted in a stone cutter from Blackstone
To build the Altar, place the blocks as follows.
- Place 1 Polished Blackstone in the Center,
- Surrounded by 8 polished blackstone bricks,
- Surrounded by a square of 14 Polished Blackstone,
- Surrounded by a square of 24 Cracked Polished Blackstone Bricks,
- Surrounded by 32 Polished blackstone,
- And on the center of side place 1 Blackstone Holders (4 total)
Once this structure is built, in the Nether, you place blackstone shards in each of the 4 holders and you’ll summon the Blackstone Golem.
How do you Build The Eye Shrine in AdventureZ?
The Eye Shrine is a 5x5x2 structure made of Obsidian and Crying Obsidian. You build it in the end to summon The Eye.
- 25 Obsidian (can also be Crying Obsidian)
- 9 Crying obsidian
- 8 End Rods
- 1 End Dragon Egg
- place a 5×5 square of Obsidian (or Crying Obsidian)
- On top of that, place a 3×3 square of Crying obsidian
- On each of the 8 corner blocks, place an end rod
- in the center, place the Dragon Egg
It will take a while to “hatch” the egg, after which “The Eye” will appear.
What Items are in AdventureZ?
- Dragon Saddle – used to ride your pet dragon!
- Gilded Armor – upgraded netherite armor that gives some nice buffs. You make it in a smithing table by applying gilded netherite scrap to your netherite armor. You get these as drops from fighting the Blackstone Golem
- Gilded Shard – used in the ritual to spawn the Blackstone Golem. You can get these as drops from Piglin Beasts and in Bastion loot.
- Blackstone’s Arm – A ranged weapon that shoots blackstone as the projectile. Craft this with a blackstone golem heart.
- Prime Eye – you get this by killing The Eye. It’s sort of an ender pearl dispenser where you can use it to teleport and take less damage. You can recharge it with ender pearls in the smithing table.
- Source Stone – dropped by the Void Shadow. Right click shoots a void bullet as an attack, and Shift+Right Click attempts to phase you through blocks.
- Blackstone Golem Heart – a drop from the Blackstone golem. Use this to craft blackstone’s arm, you can apply it to an iron golem to upgrade it, and you can apply it to yourself for a buff.
- Gilded Netherite Fragment – Drop from the Blackstone Golem. Used to upgrade netherite armor in the smithing table.
- Orc Skin – Dropped by Orcs, can be used to create a Dragon Saddle
- Chorus Fruit on a Stick – like a carrot on a stick, the Chorus Fruit on a Stick can be used to ride and steer an Ender Whale
- Ender Flute – crafted with two ender pearls and a stick, can be used to call an Ender Whale
- Iquana Hide – dropped by the iquana. Can be used to make leather
- Mammoth Fur – dropped by the Mammoth. Can be used to make leather armor and other leather items
- Ender Whale Skin – dropped by the Ender Whale. Can be used to make Slow Falling potion.
- Ivory Arrow – crafted with Mammoth Tusk, stick and feather.
- Mammoth Tusk – dropped by a mammoth, use it to make Ivory Arrows
- Rhino Leather – dropped by the rhino, works as leather
- Warthog Shell Piece – dropped by a warthog. Two of these makes a netherite scrap! High risk, high reward.
- Mammoth Meat (Raw and Cooked)
- Iguana Meat (Raw and Cooked)
- Ender Whale Meat (Raw and Cooked)
- Rhino Meat (Raw and Cooked)
- Venison (Raw and Cooked)
- Warthog Meat (Raw and Cooked)
AdventureZ brings a lot of content to the game, including some much needed boss fights if you’re itching for a challenge. Follow the path from Blackstone Golem in the nether, to the Eye in the End, to the Void Shadow in it’s own dimension (if you have the VoidZ addon mod). After getting villager fame from your feats, get yourself a pet dragon for the ultimate flex.